Welcome! We are building a resources library to help our chaplaincy in its prayer life. Please visit frequently because we’ll be adding resources as the days go by.
If you are in need of prayer for yourself or someone else, please send your prayer request via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All prayer requests will be held in strictest confidence.
Morning and Evening Prayer
9:15 Morning Prayer (Monday to Saturday)
There are two ways that we might do this together, if you would like to pray at this time of the day:
– By praying in your usual way (Quiet Time etc) if that is a custom that you keep
– By joining in saying Morning Prayer from Common Worship
There are two ways of doing this as well:
– By saying the Service at home in your own time.
– By joining with our daily broadcast at 9.15 via Zoom Audio.
The Zoom Meeting: click here to join at 9:15 ( Meeting ID: 578 226 741)
If you would like to use Common Worship Daily Prayer, there are two ways of doing this:
– By downloading the Daily Prayer App onto your phone or tablet. The app is free and has everything that you need for any particular day, including the daily psalm and both bible readings.
– Or by going here to the Church of England to the Common Worship website where each day the Services are placed for you to use on screen or to print off should you wish.
You can access both the app and the individual version of Morning Prayer via this page on the Common Worship website. Please note that you will need to scroll down a little way to find both.
21.00 Night Prayer/Compline
We have provided a version of this in PDF below.
Or, again, should you wish to use the version set for the day via the app or the Daily Prayer website, then please do. Please note that this won’t be broadcast via Zoom. We are simply inviting members of our chaplaincy to join in with Night Prayer from home at 21.00 should you wish to feel that we are all praying together, or any other time that you might wish.
Church of England Prayers During the Corona Crisis
The below prayer guide has been especially writing for use during these difficult times. It contains many prayers (Prayers about the Outbreak, Prayers with Children, Personal Prayers) which are sure to enrich your prayer time.
An “Agapé Service” that you can use this Holy Week and Easter at home; please go to our Agapé page.